New Moon Bay Leaf Ritual
Updated: Apr 20, 2019
Oh hey girl. Happy you stopped by. Did you know that the new moon is an opportunity to be a better version of yourself? Yup. Each month the universe offers you the opportunity to start a new cycle of your life. There is no denying the #sacred power of the moon. Connecting to the feminine essence of the moon as a woman can bring us much insight into our very own lives and what it means to stand in your power as a woman.
We have the ability to sync with the cycles of the #moon just as we are able to sync with each other. We have all had that experience of syncing menstrual cycles with friends or coworkers we spend a lot of time with. The cycle of the moon is 29 days and the average menstrual cycle comes around every 29 days, that is no coincidence. Flowing with the cycle of the moon can help you find structure and stability in your life. The new moon helps us to understand the cycle of life. Everything has a beginning and end.
The #newmoon is a time to go within ourselves and practice gratitude. The new moon is an opportunity to start a new cycle and free yourself ourselves of what no longer serves our highest purpose. This is the best time to start a new project or set goals to accomplish by the full moon. The new moon symbolizes planting a seed that will blossom in your life. As the moon grows, your seed will grow too.
It is important to have time to yourself to be with your thoughts and focus on giving back to yourself. Remember, every cell in your body is working to keep you alive. This is a time to thank your body for everything it does for you. This is a good time to take a #saltbath with relaxing #essentialoils. Take time to #meditate and slow down. Give yourself a massage. Do you, girl.
Heres a #newmoonritual I have been practicing and cant begin to tell you how positive the outcome has been. This ritual has been around for generations and the collective energy of the ritual has a huge affect on its success…
Here you go!
1. Start your new moon ritual by cleansing your home with palo Santo and or sage as well as your self to remove stagnant energy. You can take a relaxing aromatherapy salt bath in order to cleanse yourself as well. I highly recommend this as soaking in sea minerals and essential oils can really help you find clarity and connect to your intuition as also has many health benefits ***CLICK: 10 benefits of magnesium salts (another article)*****
2. Find a comfortable space to sit and be with yourself. This should be a special space that is dedicated to your self love ritual work that is clear of clutter. This can be at a potential alter that you dedicate to ritual work or dedicating this ritual to being outside under the light of the moon can be very powerful.
3. You can now take the time to meditate on the goals you want to accomplish this month and if you are already know you can start to write them down on the bay leaves. I recommend listing 1-3 goals max as it is best not to focus on too much at one time. Less is more.
4. It is important to have a candle dedicated to the new moon as it will help you to harness its energy and will be used to burn your bay leaf as well. The candle symbolizes the energy of the 4 elements, 4 seasons, 4 directions, 4 cycles of the moon and the god and goddess energy. As you light the candle call upon the elements to support you as you connect to the energy of the mother/moon.
5. It is now time to offer the bay leaves to the fire
6. You can now take this time to meditate
Thanks again for stopping by! May the light of the moon guide you home.